“SFDA” Warns against 12 Makeup Toy Kit Containing “Antimony and Arsenic”2021-04-04
The Saudi Food & Drug Authority (SFDA) issued a warning against 12 makeup toy kit due to containing “Antimony and Arsenic”, which exceeded the acceptable impurity limits according to the safety requirements of cosmetics and personal care products regulations NO. SFDA.CO/GSO 1943:2016, as well as the product is not listed on the Electronic System of Cosmetic Product Listing (eCosma).
Exposure to high levels of antimony and arsenic can cause serious health risks to the consumer.
Products details are as follow:
- Fashion frozen make up kit
- Weisida fashion girl beautiful makeup sit
- Weisida make-up set fashion girl
- Disney princess toy cosmetic make-up set with batch number (15062011012)
- DIY Creative make up fashion tips cosmetics
- Beauty fashion make-up set
- Diverse frozen fever make-up set
- LOL SURPRISE O.M.G make up kit
- Littles princess make up set
- Weisida fashion girl beautiful make-up set
- Chez Ninio my beauty world beauty angle
- Fashion gire make up set
The Authority added that exposure to high antimony levels for long periods may cause health risks including irritation of the eyes and surrounding, skin, and lungs. Moreover, exposure to high arsenic levels for long periods leads to its accumulation in the skin, hair and nails, which can lead to inflammation of the skin, hyperpigmentation and loss of appetite, as well as more serious symptoms, which increase with longer exposure periods.
The SFDA advised consumers not to use the mentioned products and dispose any sample they may have, emphasizing the importance of purchasing products from reliable sources.
The Authority took the necessary actions in cooperation with specialized authorities in order to follow up the products recall from the markets, preventing its entry, and taking the regulatory action against non-compliances.